A new(ish) twist on cloud computing (Windows 365)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I found this somewhat interesting.
While the initial offering seems to be targeting businesses and larger enterprise type environments, I can easily see this working on many levels of educational environments from K - 12 and up.
BUT
I see the draw back being.... You're still going to need a device to connect to your cloud computer.
I assume that would suggest something smaller and mobile, perhaps a phone or tablet, but it still seems a bit of a limitation as anyone who has actually remotely administered a computer from a mobile phone can tell you.
It's convenient for something quick and fast, but not an environment you would be comfortable in for hours at a time.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I was wondering when we'd see a cloud streaming version of Windows - now that internet speeds are so fast, it does seem pretty plausible for some use cases. I can't imagine it'll be much use to home users for now, but as you say, kids logging in to do homework/etc... could be really handy.

Very interested to see how this works out.

Ask a Question