Access Legacy Internet Explorer in Windows 11 - Tutorial

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
1671507410826.png
Did you know that the legacy Internet Explorer still exists in Windows 11? Microsoft shipped Windows 11 series with Internet Explorer being disabled, and let me show you on how to access it. Microsoft stopped supporting the Internet Explorer web browser, indicating the end is near for a 26-year-old brand with baggage that includes an antitrust case, security flaws and lagging performance. The legacy IE will be discontinued by mid-2022.

Tutorial;

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi,
with all respect, but: who needs this and if there is a situation, where you need it, isn't there an alternative ?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
s​
Hi,
with all respect, but: who needs this and if there is a situation, where you need it, isn't there an alternative ?​
some of the required features for Windows (even every past till present generation) to operate properly still depends on the legacy IE, Microsoft have not moved most of the features in-built IE to Edge yet, both are varies by platform build, Edge is based on Chromium .. Edge is only accepted by Windows 10 and later while IE works on all Windows build after W95 even the W11 :)

Migration from IE to Edge will take times and cost as well, even most bank ATM's are still on Windows XP till now with special agreement support with Microsoft .. I doubt that Microsoft will kill IE, or will hide it elsewhere in the operating system as well ..

I have done personally ActiveX test comparing Edge & IE as per done by other people out there ..

davehc

Reaction score
Here is further authorative reading on the subject:

Conditions, I am sure, vary country to country. I am not aware of any important bodies (Banks?) still using XP here, and I shudder at the thought.
I have two sons and a stepson, all experienced IT guys. They are all working for the government in this country (Denmark). As I speak, they are currently involved in moving hardware over to Windows 11.

By the way, if there are readers who do not remember the story/history of Active x, have a read here:

Last edited:

Ask a Question