After latest preview, my audio quality has greatly decreased.

8Oblivion_Lost8

Reaction score
I am using an MSI GS65 Ghost 8SG with RTX 2080 Max Q, Intel Core i7 8750H. I am also using Razer Blackshark headphones via a 3.5mm to USB-C adapter. Previously, my computer audio has been great and never had issues of any kind. However, after the latest preview, something happened and the bass from the headphones has diminished significantly. Seems that the system also is having a hard time producing low pitch sounds, as you can hear crackling. I reinstalled the drivers for RealTek, but nothing changes at all. Please advise.

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
It would be the USB-C adapter and/or drivers. Which might not be up-to-date for Win11. With a USB adapter the system has zero say in the sound that's produced, other than sending the data to the adapter. The adapter and driver is responsible for interpreting that data, just like the sound card on the computer would. Although I agree that MS changed something with how they handle the driver/adapter, it's ultimately the adapter manufacturer's responsibility to ensure their driver works correctly. I doubt MS would even blink at this issue before shelving it, unfortunately.

Ask a Question