Ahhhh.... They grow up so fast.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yesterday marked the 20th Anniversary / Birthday of Windows XP.
Just wondering if anyone is still using it (offline I hope) to support an old application that they just can't say goodbye to?

Grizzly

Reaction score
I do. I am still running the original Installation on my oldest laptop, parallel with Windows 7 and Windows 10 (1803). I am using XP only to check the battery in the laptop cause the program won't work with anything later, not even in compatibility mode.

On one old computer I even run Windows 2000, That is fun cause one really has to do one's homework on this one. the Win9x won't run on that machine although I have plenty of old games to run on it (always getting memory error)...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've used XP, but I'm a little temped to fire it up in a VM just to give it a whirl again. It certainly doesn't feel like 20 years ago!

davehc

Reaction score
Sorry, off topic. I am mean when it comes to buying cars.
21 years ago I bought a large Skoda. Then it was the only model within my budget that would accomodate three children (mine)
I am still driving the same car, mostly with unused space. My wealthy children now all drive their own, modern cars. My eldest is on his third!

clementishutin

Reaction score
Sorry, off topic. I am mean when it comes to buying cars.
21 years ago I bought a large Skoda. Then it was the only model within my budget that would accomodate three children (mine)
I am still driving the same car, mostly with unused space. My wealthy children now all drive their own, modern cars. My eldest is on his third!
Well..... good for your sons.