Application does not have permission to create folder and file

John Scopa

Reaction score
This started today. Davinci resolve cannot export a file or create a project because it does not have permission to create a folder and/or a file. Thinking it was a bug in resolve I downloaded SHOTCUT and got a similar message. The error message also indicates I do not have permission to create a folder. I have not had a problem with other apps yet. What setting could this possible be?

John Scopa

Reaction score
That did not work. Thanks though.
The problem is that Davinci Resolve is not included in Video Library Access. I also tried another video editor and had the same problem. Microsoft said that they cannot fix it as it does not appear to be a Windows problem (I don't think I agree with that).
Thank you for your answer...if you think of anything else, please post it!!

Attachments

• Davinci Error.png
    Davinci Error.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Windows notification.png
    Windows notification.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Video Access.png
    Video Access.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 1

Vote:

tpl

Reaction score
Is Davinci a w11 app or freshly updated for w11? Or was it a W10/W7 app that was just on your machine when you went to W11

In the latter case I'd try reloading the app in W10 compatibility mode. Running its start up like that. Has been known to make older apps suddenly work!

Vote:

John Scopa

Reaction score
Thank you. I will give it a try.
I believe it is a Windows 11 app, I have had Windows 11 for a while, and have been using Davinci Resolve for over three years (about a year or more before the pandemic). The laptop I am using is about a year old and came with Windows 11 installed.
I am trying to get access to the Davinci forum-I messed up the first try by misspelling "Ottawa", I had to prove I was human. Now I have to wait.
Thanks again!!

Vote:

Ask a Question