Apps not working

Bluenose1940

Reaction score
During the past couple of days I have upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11 but I have found that so much is not working.

For instance, none of the apps/features are working at all. I first noticed a problem when I clicked on the date in the bottom right-hand corner, in Win 10 the calendar opened up immediately, no such luck with Win11

I then needed to use the snipping tool and found that this didn't work either. I tried the repair method but still no luck. I then decided to try to open other apps such as Notepad but, once again, nothing. I also noticed that when I clicked on the date in the bottom right-hand corner, the calendar does not appear. I used this frequently when using Win 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions please before i try to go back to Win 10?

I have run Windows Update (even though the screen was saying that my system was already up-to-date) just to be sure and, have tried restarting several times, still no joy!
Just to clarify things. When I moved up to Windows 11 during the past few days I did it by way of a 'clean install' which I always have done when upgrading the O/S.
My system is set up with the O/S and programmes all on the C: Drive and all my data/personal files etc. are on the E:Drive. The contents of my E; Drive are backed up every day to 2 external SSD drives (D: and G:) and so any installation of the O/S, either clean or repair, does not affect my personal data.

I have just noticed something whilst trying to resolve the problem with the apps. If I right click on the Start icon and try to open any of the apps listed, then none of them work but, some of my own apps are on my desktop, such as Adobe Photo elements and Adobe Acrobat DC and when I click on these icons they open without any problems. The problem seems to be some sort of blockage when trying to get at them via the Start icon.

The problem was first spotted when I was trying to use the 'snipping tool'

Does anyone have any thoughts on this please?

Thanks you

Last edited:

Ask a Question