Backup failure

fourret

Reaction score
Hi I've just got an HP Pavillion Gaming PC TG 01-2xx. After installing a few apps I have tried to backup to an external drive.Every time it fails with the error message "VSS,SPP APP Event logs" I have noidea what to do.

RogerOver

Reaction score
I would begin with trying to run the windows update troubleshooter in Settings\System\Troubleshoters\Other Troubleshooters.
Not because I think there is a problem with Windows update, but because this Troubleshooter also resolves VSS issues (and you reported those).
Then I'd try to reboot (or you could also begin with).

If this does not help and for the SPP error, i do not know. This has to do with security and this is above my knowledge !
Good luck

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
I'm using a WD My Passport drive. Been using it for years and I just backed up my laptop successfully
From your reply, I assume you are using the WD software provided with the drive.
See the link below for some information that may help. The site is provided by Aomei and they advertise their software near the bottom of the article. You can ignore their solicitation to download Aomei Backupper or you could try their app if nothing else works.

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
Thanks Sir_G. I have been using Windows 7 backup.I used the link you provided and my backup was successful.
Using that app/program is not recommended at all due to reliability issues (never has been reliable especially when restoring). You are using an external WD drive you say. In this case you can go to the WD website and download a free copy of Acronis true Image which is way better than the one you are using (sorry for that).
here is the link you need to get it:

Vote:

Ask a Question