Black Screen

Gary S

Reaction score
I received some kind of system updates last evening On both my laptop running Home and desktop running Pro. Both were left to install with the laptop set to turn off upon completion. This morning I started the laptop which was a normal process through the fingerprint sign into Windows, which resulted in a black screen and my cursor. Alt Ctrl Del brought up the Task Manager. With use of the cursori could select applcations that were running and stop them, or change users, which took me back to the Windows sign in screen. With TM open I got three icons at the bottom right of the screen (wifi, change user, and power), all functional Signing in repeats te above Black Screen:

Going to the Desktop, which had rebooted after install, and was awaiting sign in, I typed in my Windows pass code and every thing was a repeat of what happened on the laptop.

is this a bug in the update, and is it being worked on? How do I get the use of my computers back?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
at first when running Windows Update, the user must be very careful and calm .. never force to get into activity while there "might" be some background tasks running .. these activities may take 10, 15 or even 20 minutes to complete and get into normal desktop view ..

do the same method of login as you have mentioned above and wait even if there's black screen (with some icons visible) .. please post result here ..

I had similar issues which I had to reboot few times till the activity completes and gets into normal desktop view :)

Vote:

rpbrown

Reaction score
I received some kind of system updates last evening On both my laptop running Home and desktop running Pro. Both were left to install with the laptop set to turn off upon completion. This morning I started the laptop which was a normal process through the fingerprint sign into Windows, which resulted in a black screen and my cursor. Alt Ctrl Del brought up the Task Manager. With use of the cursori could select applcations that were running and stop them, or change users, which took me back to the Windows sign in screen. With TM open I got three icons at the bottom right of the screen (wifi, change user, and power), all functional Signing in repeats te above Black Screen:

Going to the Desktop, which had rebooted after install, and was awaiting sign in, I typed in my Windows pass code and every thing was a repeat of what happened on the laptop.

is this a bug in the update, and is it being worked on? How do I get the use of my computers back?
I had the same issue so i booted to safe mode and did a restore before the update. Came back normal. The updated happen again and same problem. There are issues with this current update

Vote:

rpbrown

Reaction score
at first when running Windows Update, the user must be very careful and calm .. never force to get into activity while there "might" be some background tasks running .. these activities may take 10, 15 or even 20 minutes to complete and get into normal desktop view ..

do the same method of login as you have mentioned above and wait even if there's black screen (with some icons visible) .. please post result here ..

I had similar issues which I had to reboot few times till the activity completes and gets into normal desktop view :)
Every time windows does this insider update the problem happens again. I let the computer sit for hours with the black screen. We until something changes I just SAFE retore and reset the clock again

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
and reset the clock again
This rings a bell with me !
There was a different time in my Bios compared to Windows. No clue how this arrived. I did a re-flash of my Bios, even if there was no new version available.
Did you verify whether you have the latest version of your Bios ? (Go to "Run" in startup and type in "msinfo32").

Vote:

Ask a Question