Bluetooth Connectivity

bobnplano

Reaction score
I am using Phonak hearing aids and they were connecting fine with Windows 10. Once I upgraded to Windows 11, they no longer would connect to my HP laptop. I have contacted Microsoft numerous times through Chat and via telephone and have reloaded drivers numerous times to no avail. Tech support has reinstalled Windows 11 twice to no avail. When I press connect, the Bluetooth immediately turns off. When I turn it back on, it immediately disconnects. I have restarted Windows numerous times to no avail after reinstalling drivers. I have contacted Phonak my hearing aid mfg. and been advised that until Windows finally comes up with a A2DP driver that will recognize my hearing aid properly then they will not work. Right now when I search for devices it comes up with LE_L-Phonak Hearing Aid instead of L-Phonak Hearing Aid. It is the "LE" that is not working. Anyone else having this problem? I'm told if Windows does not get the correct A2DP driver I will have to buy a separate dongle.

Hornet742

Reaction score
Bob, I do the same thing to get them to connect. My problem is they will be working fine and suddenly disconnect for 3 to 5 seconds and then reconnect. Even with no other bluetooth devices connect to my PC or my phone it still does it. I am suspicous of the Audeo connection functions as it acts like the hearing aids are trying to search for a connection when it shuts off.

Vote:

bobnplano

Reaction score
A dongle is a separate device to plug into your computer that your hearing aids connect to via Bluetooth. I have not purchased one because they cost around $30.00 and I think you can get them at Walmart or even Amazon. However, they have to pair with your hearing aids. I do not remember the name of the dongle but again, they have to pair with your hearing aids.

Vote:

bobnplano

Reaction score
I have Miracle-Ear hearing aids, which Bluetooth finds but cannot connect. Does anyone have the answers yet?
I may not have the answer, but I do have a suggestion and it only works for my Phonak hearing aids on Windows 11. When my hearing aids are already on and in my ears, I try to connect and it tells me it is connecting and after a few seconds returns a message "That didn't work. Be sure your device is on and available for pairing." After several attempts to connect and getting the same reply, I decided to turn my right hearing aid (as it is the dominant aid) off and waiting for it to complete turn off. Then I turn it on and press connect immediately after turning it back on and it does connect. I now have to do that every day or everytime I get out of range, because it automatically disconnects when I get out of range. As long as I stay in range, my hearing aids stay connected. I don't know if this will help you, but it is worth trying anyway. I discovered the method after several emails to Phonak about it with no reply.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Usually Bluetooth devices easily connectable without problems, even my 13 years old laptop can go fine with W11. Try to connect the failed device pairing with any other device such as Smartphone or Smart TV as if it is detectable?​

Vote:

bobnplano

Reaction score
Bob, I do the same thing to get them to connect. My problem is they will be working fine and suddenly disconnect for 3 to 5 seconds and then reconnect. Even with no other bluetooth devices connect to my PC or my phone it still does it. I am suspicous of the Audeo connection functions as it acts like the hearing aids are trying to search for a connection when it shuts off.
Thanks Hornet for your response. I have just come to realize that my issue cannot be fixed. There is no rhyme or reason to my 2 to 3 second sound loss. It happens randomly and I just accept the fact that the sound will return, again after only 2 or 3 seconds. It may be 4 or 5 minutes before it happens again. So for now, I am just living with it.

Vote:

Ask a Question