Can Somebody with Windows 11 Check Something for Me Please?

Heathsideboy

Reaction score
I still use Internet Explorer for my CCTV Software and wondered if those who now use Windows 11 could check something for me please?

It concerns Microsoft Edge in Windows 11. I would like to know about a setting within it and if it has changed at all.

So if you could open Microsoft Edge in Windows 11, and click on "Settings and more" (that is the 3 horizontal dots at the top right of the page.)

In the menu, can you see a title about two thirds of the way down that says, "Reload in Internet Explorer mode?"

I still have that setting in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.

It will be most appreciated if somebody using Windows 11 could tell me that it is still there.

Thanks

HB

Heathsideboy

Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks for checking for me Trouble. It's still the same as it is in Windows 10 that is good news for me. Yes, I know about the 'Allow' setting, just glad that the whole setting is still there in Windows 11.

How are you finding Windows 11? I thought I would wait a bit until everything was ironed out first within it.

Cheers

HB

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
just glad that the whole setting is still there in Windows 11.
Glad to have been of some small assistance.
OF course there is no indication as to how long Microsoft will leave "well enough alone".
They have a way of eliminating functions and features without much fore-warning.

For instance...
I'm also running the newest Beta Version of Microsoft Edge, and...
While the setting is still available to "allow" the option to "reload in IE Mode" is not.

Capture.JPG

This is not necessarily an indication that they are eliminating it as a function / feature, it might just be an oversight on the part of the developers in this particular Beta Version and may magically reappear in the next Beta release.
Just something to consider going forward.

Capture1.JPG

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
MY ERROR....
After making the appropriate changes in Edge Beta (settings -> default browser -> allow.

I needed to close then reopen Edge Beta for the change to show up, so....
It looks like you're good to go. At least for the immediate future.

Capture2.JPG

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What's old is new, what's new is old. The more things change the more they remain the same.

In short.....
I've been doing this for what seems like, a very long time
AND
The only thing I've found that remains consistent, is....
The soreness in my neck from endlessly shaking my damn head.
:unsure:?

Vote:

Heathsideboy

Reaction score
MY ERROR....
After making the appropriate changes in Edge Beta (settings -> default browser -> allow.

I needed to close then reopen Edge Beta for the change to show up, so....
It looks like you're good to go. At least for the immediate future.

Since the beginning of August this year, I have been in contact with a guy at Microsoft's International Business Service that relates to this subject. He is in the business of trying to persuade vendors that still require Internet Explorer to launch their websites to change them so that they can be launched directly with Microsoft Edge. There are still a vast amount of websites that still require IE to launch them instead of Microsoft Edge. My CCTV software is just one of them. As you can imagine, this is going to take some time and so he suggests IE will still be around within Microsoft Edge until at least 2029 in some form or another. This is why IE can still be launched within Microsoft Edge.

Shown below is a direct segment from one of the emails he sent me.

"Please also note that web sites/apps that need to run in IE11, accordingly IE mode in Edge, this will still be supported after IE is retired because IE engine will still be present. After June 15th, 2022 Internet Explorer will no longer be available as a desktop application but the MSHTML (Trident) engine is the underlying platform for Internet Explorer 11 will remain through 2029. This is the same engine used by IE mode and it will continue to be supported (in other words, unaffected by this announcement)."

That is from the horses mouth. We are both in the process of trying to persuade the vendor's of my CCTV software to change their website format so that it can be launched directly from Microsoft Edge. However, it is not a foregone conclusion that these vendors will cooperate of course. That's what makes it such a difficult task for all vendors in this situation to conform.

HB

Last edited:

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Version 95.0.1020.40 is the latest public release of Microsoft Edge

Version 96.0.1054.8 is the latest Beta version of Microsoft Edge available to Edge Insider Program.

Those two version numbers for Edge remain consistent across Windows 10 and 11
At least on my two machines.

There is also an additional Dev Channel as well as a Canary Channel build for Edge Insiders

Vote:

Ask a Question