Cannot detect loss of Internet Connection

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
My Internet connection is by Satellite, and I loose that connection every time there is a thunderstorm.
But on my PC there is no indication that the connection has been lost. The little connection icon in the System Tray looks the same.
So, is there some way that I can tell when I loose the internet, other than trying to open my browser or download email?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Shadow :cool:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I had the same issue yesterday during a thunderstorm, with hail, and the connection icon showed no Wireless connection through the Router for a short while then after it came back. It was several more minutes before the Internet came back on. I use a Command Prompt and Ping to a couple of .com sites to check and/or verify the Internet is back up. I have Wireless DSL service and hard to diagnose since the antenna site on a hill about a mile away is on a different electric service provider and don't know its status at any time.

Last edited:

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
At this bedroom location, I was once on WiFi to my router, in another part of the house.
And when I'd loose the internet, my WiFi icon in the system tray would change.
But I ran a CAT-5 cable to the router so no more WiFi, but now when the router looses the internet it gives me no indication.
It's discouraging. I suppose the answer to my query will be to install another program to monitor my internet connection, but I have no idea what that program would be.
Thanks for the input!
Shadow :cool:

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I just noticed that I have Edge open from the News on the widgets and tested by turning off the Wireless adapter [on the icon in Notification Area] and refreshed it then got a page with No connection on it. It's not automatic but is quick.

1685194694688.png

Vote:

Ask a Question