Chrome makes PC roar

woldsweather

Reaction score
When I open a single webpage in Chrome my PC roars ie |CPU usage is high. Surely this cant be right?

Windows 11 PRO 22H2

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Chrome take more resources compared with the built-in Microsoft Edge even both are in same Chromium platform, it's common .. just uninstall any unused extensions if applicable ..

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
As it's "Roaring", it's also storing up Temporary Internet Files (TIF's) like crazy.
I installed Chrome on an old Laptop, did just a couple of web searches and two full screens of TIF's were created.
So, just like with Edge and Firefox, I want to get rid of those TIF's on a regular basis.
I wrote a Cleanup.bat (batch file program) earlier this year, to clean out the junk files from my HD.
But it only cleaned out the TIF's from Edge and Firefox. (because I don't normally use Chrome)

So, today, I wrote an added line for my Batch File. That line will remove all the TIF's that Chrome likes to store up.
If you're interested, you can download my entire batch file here:

https://www.elevenforums.com/t/more-disk-cleanup-redux.19078/

Cheers Mates!
Shadow :cool:

Ask a Question