Cleanup of Hard Drive

Noel

Reaction score
They have changed the cleanup in Properties When opening properties on a hard drive it now reads "Storage Usage" it takes you to storage settings and lists all the hard drives (I have 12) you then click in the hard drive you want to clean, it opens showing you what is on the HD you then have to click on temporary files. Then click on empty recycle box to clean. The old way was so much faster

tpl

Reaction score
On my W11 build 176 taken from the beta channel it does it the old way. (right click on drive in file explorer and click properties) The drives on this machine are both SSD maybe that makes a difference. But under settings -> storage there is a whole new set of options including a cleanup option.

Noel

Reaction score
All my drives are SSD I am running build 22449 (dev) It's not the end of the world, but being in lockdown for 10 weeks and unable to do much some things get more frustrating than others.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The old way was so much faster
Still available.
C:\Windows\System32\cleanmgr.exe
Should bring up a familiar interface
Pick the drive, click the Clean up system files button
Check everything and let'er rip

Rod

Reaction score
They have changed the cleanup in Properties When opening properties on a hard drive it now reads "Storage Usage" it takes you to storage settings and lists all the hard drives (I have 12) you then click in the hard drive you want to clean, it opens showing you what is on the HD you then have to click on temporary files. Then click on empty recycle box to clean. The old way was so much faster
I have just downloaded .184 and haven't noticed. I will look later. I, over the last few builds have notices several little changes that do not appear in the changes log or fixes page

Rod

Reaction score
I have the latest build .184 and it is still the old way. I agree with trouble it is still there I just created a shortcut to it

Noel

Reaction score
I have the latest build .184 and it is still the old way. I agree with trouble it is still there I just created a shortcut to it
Today 9 Sept I received build 22454 (I presume the latest) in properties it still says Storage Usage. But thank you to Trouble I have placed the shortcut on my start menu & it shortens the time

Ask a Question