Computer completly bricked after recent update.

ToMuchNeverEnuf

Reaction score
I had just installed the latest update yesterday morning. I went to restart my computer. After the first restart I got blue screened. After the second restart I got to the log in but my us stuff kept getting and losing power (I have an RGB keyboard and it keeps flashing on and off randomly being on no longer than a second or two) so I restarted again and now they are power flickering and I can't even see the bios... It's like a constant restart loop..

I have tried each memory stick individually and together.

I have removed the boot drivei have unplugged all USB except the k&m

I have plugged the monitor stirght into the mother board

I have removed the mother board battery

Nothing has helped, I get no beeps, no codes, nothing...

I really hope I didn't fully bork my machine...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sounds like a catastrophic failure, but...
have unplugged all USB except the k&m
I'd unplug both of them as well, just to confirm there isn't a short in either that might be feeding back somehow OR even a USB port that might be problematic.
I can't even see the bios
That is the most troubling or all the symptoms.
Are you hearing any beep codes being produced from the motherboard?

Vote:

ToMuchNeverEnuf

Reaction score
Sounds like a catastrophic failure, but...

I'd unplug both of them as well, just to confirm there isn't a short in either that might be feeding back somehow OR even a USB port that might be problematic.

That is the most troubling or all the symptoms.
Are you hearing any beep codes being produced from the motherboard?

No beeps, no noise, nothing... I'll try a full unplug of everything

Vote:

tpl

Reaction score
Sounds as if this is a desktop.
The PSU could have died....they are very reliable but they do die and some of the symptoms sound that way. Fortunately they are not expensive but often a pain to install.

Vote:

ToMuchNeverEnuf

Reaction score
Sounds as if this is a desktop.
The PSU could have died....they are very reliable but they do die and some of the symptoms sound that way. Fortunately they are not expensive but often a pain to install.
Would that be true even if the computer was working just fine before a restart? I never had a PSU fail

Vote:

tpl

Reaction score
Over 20+ years and over many PCs I have had two. One actually smoked and destroyed the Mobo and memory, the other one, the PC just went dark one day.
The PSU could start the PC but some internal problem could cause it to shut of after a minute or two for example maybe even on an overheat trip if one of the outputs was nearly shorted.

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Agreed. Over the years, I've had more than a couple bad PSUs.
Some were obvious culprits while others were much more difficult to diagnose.
That's why when I run into a similar problem, I'll typically bench the MoBo, remove it from the case, examine it closely for swollen or leaky caps, then attach it to a KNOWN GOOD power supply which I keep on a shelf for just such a purpose.

Vote:

Ask a Question