Computer failing and restarting after idle

Narwhalz4Lyf

Reaction score
I am on Windows 11 Home, and whenever my screens turn off due to being idle my computer restarts itself when I turn it back on. I have tried reinstalling video drives, doing system file checker, and turning off auto restart after system failure and nothing has worked so far. When I have automatic restart off the screens just stay black after coming back to the pc and I have to manually restart it.

critic09

Reaction score
try running Power troubleshooter... and try reseating your USB connecting peripherals ... tht might help ..

jvickers

Reaction score
What are the specs of your graphics card? Have you tried updating your graphics drivers by going to the manufacturer and installing the latest drivers (not using the Windows driver update tool)? It could be that.

Narwhalz4Lyf

Reaction score
What are the specs of your graphics card? Have you tried updating your graphics drivers by going to the manufacturer and installing the latest drivers (not using the Windows driver update tool)? It could be that.
I have an RTX 2060 Super as my main card and an RX 460 as my second card for monitors. The nvidia drivers are all up to date, but the amd drivers are not because I had issues with radeon software installed in the past.

jvickers

Reaction score
When's the last time you tried to update the RX 460 driver? AMD released a version on 8/10/2021. That might work better seeing as how you were probably on Windows 10 the last time you tried. I'm sure you can find the driver, but I saved you the trouble. You can get it HERE. You can always roll the driver back.

You also could always try disabling the RX 460 to see if the issue persists.

Another thought is this. You could simply disable turning monitors off in Windows 11 and see if that works. I can see why you wouldn't want to do that, though.

Another thought is that I could be barking up the wrong tree since you're using two cards.

I assume you've reported this issue to Microsoft using the "Give feedback" link in the Windows Insiders Program area?

Narwhalz4Lyf

Reaction score
Fully updating the drivers for the RX 460 would require downloading radeon software, which has caused many problems with my system setup in the past. I have updated the 460 drivers through windows and it seems to be fine. I have tried completely removing the 460 from my system and it still does it. I have reported the issue to Microsoft.

TheLastResort

Reaction score
Same issue here. Issue began January 5th 2022, and has increased in frequency since then to now be just about every time the computer goes idle.
-In the history, there are no driver updates preceding this issue.
-RTX 3070 video card driver is up to date. No other new drivers are available on anything.
-Disabling all peripherals for power saving features has been disabled in an attempt to fix.
-RAM test has been run, no issues found.
-All windows updates are installed and up to date.
-Antivirus checks found nothing.
-I've run troubleshooting of the power settings, nothing found.

Event viewer details "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f (0x0000000000000003,,,

Last edited:

Ask a Question