Create (Powershell) script to turn off certain Power management settings in Device Manager

bramgg

Reaction score
I have a Dell XPS 13 (9310) and I have experienced issues with the bluetooth connection. I use a Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse, which never had any problems with other devices.

With the XPS, whenever I leave the mouse for a couple of seconds, and try to use it again, it 'hangs/freezes' for 1/1,5 seconds before I can use it again. It seems like a common problem on XPS devices.

So, I found this fix on YouTube. And it does seem to fix my problem!

However, every time the device gets an update, this setting (Turn off the checkmark for allowing the computer to turn off the device to save energy) gets overwritten and it is being enabled again.

I want to create a (Powershell) script to disable this specific setting, so I can run this after each update. Or I would be able to run this script every time the device is booted up. The problem is that I have zero experience in coding/scripting and was hoping for someone on this forum to be able (and willing) to help me out.

Many thanks in advance!

nathan323

Reaction score
I would also like help with this.

Ideally, I'd like results on each device that has Power Management setting set to "Allow sleep.."

Then (a separate script?) to turn those off.

Vote:

Ask a Question