Date and Time on side monitor

Dotarino

Reaction score
I've ran a 2 monitor system for so long, and all my applications run on the main monitor at full screen. I rely on the date and time being on the taskbar on the side monitor too. I'm not sure if this was removed through feedback, but I would really appreciate having even the option to have it back.

Napoli

Reaction score
Is it possible that you could switch your primary and secondary monitors around, so that the date appears on the side monitor? Not an ideal solution but a temporary workaround.

ellie

Reaction score
Is it possible that you could switch your primary and secondary monitors around, so that the date appears on the side monitor? Not an ideal solution but a temporary workaround.
generally from what ive experienced on windows 10 the monitor designated as your "main" is where full screen apps such as games load when they are run. i have not yet tested this on 11 since i only updated yesterday and have been very unhappy about the transition but this idea is worth a test just in case they changed that however as a gamer who runs a 3 monitor setup i too would love to have at least the time on my side monitors. but would like it even more if i could get the full date + time, back on all my monitors.

update: swapped main monitor over, full screen game loaded onto main monitor, covered clock. this idea, although worth the test, did not a solution make.

update 2: tried dragging and dropping the time and task bar away from the main task bar is locked down and will not move and personalization settings does not offer a solution to unlock the bar nor add the clock to all screens.

Last edited:

Ask a Question