Dell xps win 11 optical drive stoped working

jozef355

Reaction score
this is the message I get when trying to reinstall the driver "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
removed driver several time. Uninstalled driver several time still no fix, any ideas please ?

vynski

Reaction score
It's a DELL!
Have you added any new additional devices to your machine. If so my troubleshooting experience suggest you look at your power supply. Also, if it is power related, keep in mind that an off the shelf power supply (like Corsair, EVGA, ANTEC, etc.) will not fit in the DELL platform, unless they have changed that proprietary design. I have tried to install a couple of optical drives on a DELL with no success and informed the customers that they would probably need to get a DELL supported device or simply forget about adding it. DELL wants complete control!

Sir_George

Reaction score
It's a DELL!
Have you added any new additional devices to your machine. If so my troubleshooting experience suggest you look at your power supply. Also, if it is power related, keep in mind that an off the shelf power supply (like Corsair, EVGA, ANTEC, etc.) will not fit in the DELL platform, unless they have changed that proprietary design. I have tried to install a couple of optical drives on a DELL with no success and informed the customers that they would probably need to get a DELL supported device or simply forget about adding it. DELL wants complete control!
this is the message I get when trying to reinstall the driver "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
removed driver several time. Uninstalled driver several time still no fix, any ideas please ?
See if the video at the following link helps;

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
if its the optical drive that's at fault you can replace it with an LG they are the most compatible with dell if you cannot get a dell drive, if its the power supply if you go on the dell accessory's web site you can get a replacement fairy cheep with guarantee
also as for soft wear had same issue months ago to resolve problem code 39 you will need to update the bios to latest version and then install latest drivers to resolve this

Ask a Question