Desperately need help please, my photos are changing colour!

thesandmax

Reaction score
Hi there. I am on a brand new Dell laptop, all was fine until noticed something weird going on with the photos app. Browsing through my photos, whether via the app or WE, each photo changes after it has been opened for a second or two. T
he photo opens correctly, if it is edited then that is how it shows, then a split second later it kind of fades, loses depth and colour. I edit in Lightroom but when I checked the completely untouched/unedited photos, the same thing is happening, therefore is nothing to do with editing.
I have also tested the photos as a screen background and they match perfectly with lightroom, so I guess that means all is good with the monitor, and it's just the photos app.
Searching google, I have come across others with the same problem but no clear solution. Can anyone please help me, I am editing photos to go in books and on walls, but I cannot even view them on my gorgeous new screen, or compare side by side edited and unedited photos anymore !
Thanks in advance for any assistance

Beemer

Reaction score
Windows 11 has a additional option in Settings/Display. Unselect every option to enhance brightness or colour. I too use Lightroom and I resolved the issue.

Vote:

thesandmax

Reaction score
Windows 11 has a additional option in Settings/Display. Unselect every option to enhance brightness or colour. I too use Lightroom and I resolved the issue.

Thank You Beemer, I will look at this today.
I am even more confused now as I have noticed saturated reds in websites and on L/R. !

Vote:

bobF

Reaction score
I tried Win11, but the color management didn't seem to work with LR and my Eizo monitors, so I've gone back to Win10. By 2025 when Win10 stops being supported they might have sorted the color problem in Win11 out!!

Bob frost

Vote:

Ask a Question