Disappearing pictures

Coco

Reaction score
Hi
I really hope I'm able to get some help here as I cannot find any solution to my problem.
The issue is somewhat complex as it also involves my Android phone so I would appreciate if you could answer only if you know how to fix this.

I will just start by saying that about 4 days ago, I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11.
I own a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G, and I have a number of pictures and documents stored in the secured folder of my phone.
Yesterday, I decided to move those pictures and documents to my laptop. In order to do so, I moved my pictures and documents out of the secured folder and into the regular gallery, and from there I transferred them to my laptop using the USB cable.
I opened the DCIM folder of my phone, selected the relevant pictures, cut them out of the phone folder and pasted them into a folder that already contained other pictures and documents stored on my laptop.
And now, those pictures and documents are NOWHERE to be found! I looked in the trash folder of my phone, in the trash folder of my laptop, I searched for all pictures on my laptop, looked into the synched folder on the cloud, absolutely everywhere and nothing!
I thought I could restore the folder to its previous version but the option is not available.

I don't know if it has anything to do with Windows 11 but it's not the first time that I transfer pictures and I never had any issues before.
I am considering removing Windows 11 altogether but I don't know if that will fix it...

Please help!
Thanks

Last edited:

Ask a Question