Dual Monitor issue since upgrading

Ahridan

Reaction score
Since upgrading to windows 11, when i try to run a Fullscreen game on my main display, and then either a video or stream on the other, when im playing the game/tabbed into the game window, the video/stream that is running freezes and becomes unwatchably choppy. The audio and visuals will just start and stop and skip. It happens with any game that i have running if its in Fullscreen, but not when its windowed. And it only happens when the video is open on the other monitor. If i have the video running in the background, but say discord currently up on my other monitor, the audio plays fine, but if i was then to tab so that the video source was the one currently being displayed when i tab back to my game, it becomes choppy and freezes again. This ive tried both youtube videos and twitch streams, which are both affected, but spotify isnt, so its more so something with a visual display rather than just audio.

Wasnt an issue before i upgraded, before i could run Overwatch at 144fps high/ultra settings, and a twitch stream or youtube video up on the other monitor at 1080p. No hardware has been changed, it has only been the upgrade to windows 11, and ive had this issue the moment i upgraded, with no luck so far still of finding out why

Ask a Question