Elan Input Device

Negonsie

Reaction score
I'm using an HP laptop with the latest Windows 11 update. I've started experiencing problem with the mouse few days after updating. I can't select/highlight the text properly. Be it on MS programs or on the web, basically anywhere where I try to select text in order to copy, the mouse is not working properly. When I try to select text, it will jump the first few words and then start highlighting in the middle or not highlight the desired text. I'd appreciate assistance in this regard.
Thanks in advance.

RogerOver

Reaction score
May I make a proposal ? I can't guarantee that it works, because I have another mouse.
Download "sys-minion" from Stefano Bordoni: https://www.stefanobordoni.cloud/projects/sys_minion/ and install it.
Open the program an go to "OEM drivers repository", see attached.
Then click on "Lets start it" (above) !
You will find a list of drivers. Remove your mouse driver by clicking on the driver and then the "Commit" command (right above).

Then restart your computer. The driver should be automatically reinstalled at startup !

(Sys_minion is a nice tool, you can also remove useless Windows store apps, clean your disk, etc. I haven't had any problem with it so far.)

To be careful, you could create a system restore point before:

Capture d’écran 2022-11-03 152211.png

Vote:

Ask a Question