Email drop down name list

Mailorder

Reaction score
There are a number of names and addresses that I wish to delete from my email record. Despite researching how to delete "drop down names"I have not been successful in achieving my goal. Can someone please help. I use Windows mail .Many thanks

davehc

Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you want:
If you click the people icon at the bottom of the mail program, it will take you to people. I can right click any of those in the list and delete them.

Vote:

Mailorder

Reaction score
thank you very much .It worked for some of the people on my list but there are names on my dropdown that do not appear on the people icon and therefore I am not able to delete them. some sort of infiltration I think.
Many thanks once again.

Vote:

Mailorder

Reaction score
I thank Dave HC once again for his response which has partially done the trick .However I am still left with a number of names on the drop down list which do not appear on my People list and may have been listed by a scam. Can anyone suggest how I can delete these names .Many thanks

Vote:

Mailorder

Reaction score
thank you Dave for your response. When I have New mail to send I go to "to" and start typing the name .Other names with the same start letters appear on a drop down list as well as the person I am writing to. Not all of these names appear on my People list and therefore I am not able to delete them from that list. Does this help?
Kind reargds

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Yep. I'll be back, as the famous man said.

Ok. I see the problem. I'll investigate an easier way to get around it.

Last edited:

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
I battled with this one. Normally I just type the first couple of letters of whom I wish to contact, and the name pops up.

Anyway, your problem, I found an answer here:
//www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/windows-10-mail-people-suggested-contacts.250481/

Look at "Gary's" suggestion

Vote:

Mailorder

Reaction score
Good morning Dave. I have tried your suggestion but am sorry to say it has not worked .I am thinking therefore if I delete the email account and open another account entering again my email contacts this would hopefully get rid of the unwanted names. Do you think this would work?

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
I think I have found a way to do this!
Select "People", from the two little heads, bottom of the left panel
Select the three bars, top right.
Select "Filter Contacts"
There I found, as well as my normal default address, other item (Xbox was one - which I do not need) I unticked the two which were not needed, and selected "Done"
Then, as an extra precaution, I selected the bars again and, this time, Options.
Careful here - it may not be what you want!
I unticked the first option - "automatically add...etc
Backed out and all those weirdos in the suggested column were gone.

Vote:

Mailorder

Reaction score
Dave thank you so much for your help and possible solutions to my problem. I to was able to get rid of some names that were no longer needed but not the ones I really want to delete as like before they were not on the people list. You have been very kind spending your time trying to resolve my problem by coming up with different ways. This is greatly appreciated . I think I will now delete the account and open a new one.
Best wishes.

Vote:

Ask a Question