Features I want back from Windows 10 in Windows 11

dhanushanand

Reaction score
1. from file explorer, click and drag a file and while keep holding move the cursor to right bottom to show desktop and dropping the file in desktop.
2. dragging a shortcut file to task bar.
3. dragging a shortcut to start.
4. right clicking the taskbar for task manager
5. gesture in touchpad shows up the start instead of quick access.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I'd like to see some of those back too. Especially being able to drag files to open apps on the taskbar.

If you're a Windows Insider, there are some open feature suggestions in the feedback hub.

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Ahh, the nostalgia of.... almost a month ago?
Somehow, reminiscent of the hue and cry, gnashing of teeth and rending of garments, over the Windows 10 UI of 2014 (preview) / 2015 (rtm).
A desktop, start menu and taskbar that was ruthlessly disparaged and yet, we all seemed to have gotten over it and moved on.

While I would be the first to admit that the new UI, especially the start menu and taskbar, pretty much suck when it comes to customization, I suspect that either Microsoft is going to have to support some minimal tweaking by users, or else....

A lot of folks will be looking for third party UI alternatives.
Two of which, are already attracting some attention
Start11 https://www.stardock.com/products/start11/download
AND
StartAllBack https://www.startallback.com/

BECAUSE... As we all know, we computer users always know what we want ? ? ?

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
it can be a headache for ms.
On the one hand.... I hope that's true.
On the other.... I don't believe it for a second.
Been at this a while and feel more like Sisyphus everyday, except the rock keeps growing larger and the hill keeps getting steeper.

I believe that our "suggestions" (hopes, wishes, wants, desires, etc) are water off a duck's back, in one ear and out the other, IF they even reach an ear at all.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
I also hope ----?? but..
Only point is, as you are aware, in ye oldy days, beta testers were selected from observed input in computer management. The only flaw was, that they were, axiomatically, chosen from those who already had connections with MS. Maybe it worked no better than today, except that beta releases were discussed in the "fraternity", before being thrust on the public.
Windows 11, was thrown out to the great wide world. I cannot begin to imagine the multitude of different requests that must have poured in to Microsoft, even on an hourly basis.
When I glance through the insider, pages, many of those requests are extreme, to say the least.
This comment does not excuse the vast Microsoft resources from filtering and applying the more reasonablo of those requests, however.

Vote:

Ask a Question