File attributes

Quincofish

Reaction score
File attributes. Using Windows Terminal (Admin) with the following to try to remove Read Only from this folder and its sub folders just doesn't work. After this command is run, the folder is still read only. Any ideas please. The E drive is my data drive and Windows is on the C drive.

PS E:\> attrib -r "e:\Documents\*" /s /d

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
MS trying something new. It's not a bug, "it's a feature". It's part of them controlling what access Windows Store apps have access to, which is basically only whatever the user tells it that it may have access to. There is no way to change this behavior, it's here to stay (for the foreseeable future).

Vote:

Quincofish

Reaction score
MS trying something new. It's not a bug, "it's a feature". It's part of them controlling what access Windows Store apps have access to, which is basically only whatever the user tells it that it may have access to. There is no way to change this behavior, it's here to stay (for the foreseeable future).
Please explain, what does the Store Apps have to do with file attributes on my data drive?

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
I should have said. If you right click the file, you will now see an option to “ take ownership”.

Vote:

Quincofish

Reaction score
Saved the reg file, right clicked and selected take ownership, same, no change. The problems this creates for me is running resilio sync reports doesn't have sufficient rites to copy files. This is one issue but there are more, can't even move "Documents" library or "Video" library etc.. Under windows 10, no issues at all.

Vote:

Ask a Question