File explorer search box tags

little auggie

Reaction score
in Windows 10 Pro the search box would find pictures with certain tags. In Windows 11 Home it will not. Is this feature gone in Windows 11 or is it a Home vs Pro feature? Also I can find Picture Tools in Windows 11. Is it there?

thisispointless

Reaction score
in Windows 10 Pro the search box would find pictures with certain tags. In Windows 11 Home it will not. Is this feature gone in Windows 11 or is it a Home vs Pro feature? Also I can find Picture Tools in Windows 11. Is it there?
Did you ever figure this out? It seems to me that the Windows 11 "Home" version is more like some sort of free trial you would get that doesn't include features you would really need to get you to purchase the "Pro" version lately. Basic things that every computer should be able to do, such as this, when using the operating system that came with it.

I have looked everywhere to figure out how to filter searches or search by tag and found nothing. If you right click in the search box all you get is the option to copy and paste or select all. I mean even the tabs at the top of the file explorer are gone now. I mean this isn't a "Pro" feature. You don't need to be a "Pro" to want to filter your search. You can do that on Google Images for goodness sake.

They made it look pretty but it literally does nothing and has so many problems. I mean my computer didn't even come with a default folder for screenshots I had to go into the registry settings and create one myself. If I used the PrntScrn button literally nothing would actually happen. I really wish I could have rolled back.

Vote:

Ask a Question