Fingerprint lock is not shown on my laptop after installing windows 11

sumit swami

Reaction score
when i install window 11 on laptop after the installation my fingerprint lock for signing in to my laptop is not shown and only the pin lock is shown. so please give any suggestion to restart the service of fingerprint lock.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
my fingerprint lock for signing in to my laptop is not shown and only the pin lock is shown
I'll assume we are talking about "Windows Hello"
AND
That since you are successfully using a PIN, that you have a Microsoft Account configured (and verified).
So...
Maybe the first thing we should examine is Device Manager and determine what we have listed there under either Biometric and of HID (Human Interface Devices).
Is it showing there at all? Does it have an Exclamation icon next to it, indicating a problem?

Probably going to need the Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number and any other associated numbers that would help us identify exactly what type of device we're talking about.

Vote:

Ask a Question