Get rid of Windows 11

Maggie

Reaction score
My new laptop can with Win 11 installed and I hate it.
Can I just go back to Win 10 and how do I do that?

Sir_George

Reaction score

Sir_George

Reaction score
Ugh, sounds complicated and scarey to me
Since the information seems a bit much, see if you can get some help from where you purchased the laptop. Generally, that can be good place to start. I should have mentioned that in my initial post.

Maggie

Reaction score
Thanks, good idea. I bought it from HP, they should be able to help me out

badbak82

Reaction score
your first option is to log in to Hp and check out support for your model laptop and check for win10 drivers are available for your L.top
second if thats is ok you need to down the windows media creation tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 and follow instructions to the download of win10 and select usb 16 gig i would use. once you have the system installer on the stick your done and its a slow easy process to install win 10 through a usb socket on your laptop

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is there anything in particular you dislike about Windows 11 and maybe we can advise on that?

Maggie

Reaction score
your first option is to log in to Hp and check out support for your model laptop and check for win10 drivers are available for your L.top
second if thats is ok you need to down the windows media creation tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 and follow instructions to the download of win10 and select usb 16 gig i would use. once you have the system installer on the stick your done and its a slow easy process to install win 10 through a usb socket on y

Thank you

Maggie

Reaction score
Is there anything in particular you dislike about Windows 11 and maybe we can advise on that?

I don't like that it keeps pushing Bing down my throat. I don't like ending up with extra windows open that I didn't even realize I opened. I can't get the colors right on my background, no matter how much I try. Just lots of stupid little stuff. It has added features that I will never understand or use like drop box, I don't even know what to do with it. I should just buck up and use it like I've been, but sometimes it's just annoying .

MikeHawthorne

Reaction score
I used Stardok when it was the time of Windows 8 and I liked it. That was quite a while ago, but it certainly worked back then.
When 8 came along I stopped using it but I am tempted now that I have Windows 11 installed.

It was reminiscent of Windows7 back then.

Ask a Question