Good excuse to buy a new computer! LOL

MikeHawthorne

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...

I think the end of the year is going to be about the right time to buy a new computer. This is a good excuse, it's a little earlier than I would normally by about a year, but I really have the urge to get the latest video card and more ram, and have everything fresh.

Besides I'll be 83 there's no point in waiting around. Didn't want to add more I'm a little shaky any more.

I cheeped out last time and thought that 16 gigabytes would be enough, and it is for gaming. But I really noticed the difference between 16 and 32 when I got to video editing and 3D image creation.

Next time I'll go back to at least 32 if not more.
I'll also set up a leaner computer, I always say that, then I end up with everything but the kitchen sink on it.

But I'd like to just have Chrome, Steam, Photoshop, Word, Premier, and my 3D creation and text to speech software.
Plus Malwarebytes and CCleaner.

Mike

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to hear and good luck with the new build.

It's tough on us old timers on a fixed income / pension and the budgeting that requires, so.....

I just ordered some bits and bobs that would fulfill the Windows 11 installation requirements and they all just arrived today.
Nothing overly extravagant as I don't actually do a lot anymore outside of the basics on the computer. Not much gaming anymore and no 3D rendering or image / video editing outside the very basics.

Just wanted to get something so I could evaluate the new OS, and add my two cents to all the folderol that is certain to ensue

MikeHawthorne

Reaction score
Hi Trouble

Yeah, I guess I feel at 83 on Saturday I can not worry about the cost, it's likely that this will be my last computer, it will probably last longer than I will. LOL

But you never know, maybe I'll be saying the same thing in 4 years.

Anyway, I'll be sticking with Falcon Northwest even though the prices have gone up.
I've been using their computers for close to 15 years now.

I've Never been disappointed and all of them are still in service with some relative or other.
My present one will still run pretty much any game at max settings.

Mike

Ask a Question