How to completely disable Task View.

Auryn

Reaction score
I need to completely disable task view. Not just remove the button from the task bar, but turn the feature off entirely. I accidentally press the Win + Tab shortcut very often and it causes major disruption to what I am doing. I have no use for task view and I never will, having several monitors nulifies its uses. Thank you for the help in advance.

manannoy

Reaction score
To completely disable Task View in Windows, you can follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
  2. Type "regedit" and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.
  3. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
  4. Right-click on the right-hand side of the window and select "New" > "DWORD (32-bit) Value".
  5. Name the new value "DisabledHotkeys" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  6. Double-click on the "DisabledHotkeys" value and set its value data to "3". Click OK to save the changes.
  7. Close the Registry Editor.
After completing these steps, the Win + Tab shortcut, which activates Task View, should be disabled on your system. Please note that modifying the Windows Registry can have unintended consequences, so it's important to be cautious and create a backup of your Registry before making any changes. If you encounter any issues or want to re-enable Task View in the future, you can delete the "DisabledHotkeys" value from the registry or change its value data to "0".

Vote:

Ask a Question