How to remove checkboxes in Win11 Explorer file display

ljdarby

Reaction score
Just got a new laptop with Win11 Home- how do I remove checkboxes in Explorer file listing?

KAB

Reaction score
In file explorer: Go to "View" then "Show" and uncheck "item check boxes".

ljdarby

Reaction score
Sorry to say but I have already tried these two methods, but checkboxes persist and will not go away- visited both of these fixes several days now & no benefit seen. Seems easy to fix but not for my Surface Pro 7 running Win11 Home

davehc

Reaction score
You can alter an item in the registry to achieve this. Not something I recommend, as it may affect other items.

However, someone has done all the hard work for you! Run this program. It gives you countless items which can be "tweaked". Right at the bottom of the list of tweaks, is the one you need:

ljdarby

Reaction score
Seems like I am one of maybe hundreds with this same annoyance. Will try several (if needed) of these hacks tonite. Thanks to everyone who spoke up on this issue. Will follow-up with results upon completion.

BUNG

Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you're referring to but I cannot get rid of this down arrow-key. Here's a snapshot - if this is not what is being referred to, is there still a way to get rid of this little tyke?

arrow key.png

Attachments

• arrow key.png
    arrow key.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 1

BUNG

Reaction score
Now I have a question for you: are you on steroids or are you seriously taking the fluid brewed from three tana leaves? And be serious in your reply!

Last edited:

Ask a Question