Installing and Activating Win 11 with new mobo, cpu, hard drive.

Cliff3f

Reaction score
I am updating from Win 10, hopefully. Here’s what I’ve got: MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Carbon WiFi Gaming Motherboard (ATX, 11th/10th Gen Intel Core), Intel® Core™ i5-11400 Desktop Processor 6 Cores, and a Crucial P5 Plus 1000GB PCIe Gen4 3D NAND NVMe M.2 Gaming SSD. I checked my Microsoft account and it does shows my registered copy of Win 10. I’m hoping that I can install Win 11 on the NVMe M.2 and then transfer my data files, photos, etc., from my old C drive. What are the chances this will work?

Badbak

Reaction score
i installed win 11 on my Z590 but i prefer to do a clean install not an update.
Yes i did it on nvme chip idownload the iso from microsoft for win11 created a bootable usb stick and installed to the nvme
make sure no other drives connected just the nvme

Vote:

Cliff3f

Reaction score
i installed win 11 on my Z590 but i prefer to do a clean install not an update.
Yes i did it on nvme chip idownload the iso from microsoft for win11 created a bootable usb stick and installed to the nvme
make sure no other drives connected just the nvme

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
So what do you do when the SSD is buried down inside the PC (laptop) and there is no easy way in, without cracking it in half, like an oyster?

I was gifted the little Laptop (HP 15-da0032 wm, 4GB DDR4 Ram, 16GB Intel Optane memory NVMe), and a 1TB Toshiba HD.
The label on the laptop says, that, "Optane Memory Does NOT replace or increase DRAM in your system".)
So, how can I possibly use that NVMe for anything?
:cool:

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question