Intel Optane RST Sata Mode/AHCI Mode

Edwrd10

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to change Sata Mode from AHCI to Intel Optane RST Mode without re-installing Windows 11? When I change it on my Asus Z590-E MoBo the M.2 drives show up but none of the sata drives show up in windows. So, I set it back to Sata AHCI Mode for now and all drives show up again. Is there a way to convert the system without Re-installing Win 11?

Edwrd10

Reaction score
I spoke with an Intel Tech about Optane Memory. He said Optane memory is meant for a specific type of a system and is not recommended for a home build. When the PCH Sata controller is in Optane RST mode the Sata ports are unavailable. Optane RST mode is for the onboard M.2 drives. Optane can be used for a strict gaming PC that is dedicated for gaming only. It is also used for server PC's and a few other applications. Since my build is not just for gaming I should use AHCI Sata mode. He said that my motherboard should work just as fast in AHCI mode. He also said that the whole Optane Memory feature was on its way out, as there is new technology replacing it. He said Optane Memory did not work out as well as first thought it would. It really doesn't make things go that much faster. I have to say in AHCI Sata Mode this new build is extremely fast. I wait for nothing. Windows 11 is totally stable on this new build. I have none of the problems others are reporting. I have not one complaint on Win 11 with my new build.

Vote:

Ask a Question