Is Windows 11 a GAMING Application?

Gylenthal

Reaction score
Windows 11 is filled with all kind of GAMING programs running with the OS and impossible to switch off, downgrading every Notebook/Computer to a Game machine.
XBOX applications and Gaming services running constantly together with the OS which is becoming a kind of useless OS for the professional use.
Why do Microsoft think that everybody wants to turn their (expensive) computer into a Gaming machine like the failed XBOX?

Bighorn

Reaction score
If someone was paying any attention to the progress of computers in the last several years it would be noticed that gamers, especially the hard-core gamers, are pretty much in the need for faster/better machines which equates into more expensive. For myself running Win10 and Win11 I have full use of machines costing less than $1000USD, last Notebook in Oct. '21 was $700 and Desktop in Apr. '22 was about the same, both with Intel Core i5 CPUs that do everything I need quite well. And with Xbox, not a problem since I have removed it from them. I actually have 4 Win11 machines, Pro Desktop, Home Desktop [used/free], Pro Notebook and Home Notebook [used/free] plus some Win10 Desktops and Notebooks. As far as I've seen and read Win11 does just as well as Win10 and most programs [but not 16-bit versions]. A 'new' thing with Win11 is it is offered only as x64/64-bit, haven't seen an x86/32-bit CPU in awhile.

Vote:

Gylenthal

Reaction score
Might check some of the entries on this other forum:
After reading a few of them, they confirm what I said.
If you remove XBOX or Gaming Services, other programs may also stop working and it's almost impossible to reverse this.
Microsoft did include parts of Gaming Services into several other applications, including Microsoft 365, and if you disable Gaming Services you are asking for trouble.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I removed Xbox and haven't seen any issues but then I'm not a gamer other than a couple old versions of MahJong and Solitaire.

Vote:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've uninstalled the bundled games and xbox app that come with Windows 11 too (at least on my work-only laptop). No issues with doing that, same as Bighorn.

Vote:

Ask a Question