KB5018427 update fails to install

ljdarby

Reaction score
System is Win11 Pro v22H2 Build 22621.525
Have easily downloaded this Windows Update at least 5 times in past weeks but cannot install successfully. Install runs initially, restarting at 30-35-69 & 96 percent completion. At 96 percent, message appears "something went wrong in installation, do not worry, system undoing this update" to words to that effect. System restarts 4 times and brings me back to previous state successfully- no visible consequences of the failure. Anyone else experiencing this continued failure?

Sir_George

Reaction score
System is Win11 Pro v22H2 Build 22621.525
Have easily downloaded this Windows Update at least 5 times in past weeks but cannot install successfully. Install runs initially, restarting at 30-35-69 & 96 percent completion. At 96 percent, message appears "something went wrong in installation, do not worry, system undoing this update" to words to that effect. System restarts 4 times and brings me back to previous state successfully- no visible consequences of the failure. Anyone else experiencing this continued failure?
If you are using Windows 11 update installer, you can always try Microsoft’s Update Catalog. The Update Catalog is a library of updates published by Microsoft in the past several months.

If you haven't tried using MS's catalog, use the link below to download it. Be sure to select the appropriate download for your OS. In your case it is most likely the second one in the list.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
The latest is 22h2 (OS Build 22621.675
Possibly it is baulking because it is not the latest build?

Try downloading the latest with the media creation tool.

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
The latest is 22h2 (OS Build 22621.675
Possibly it is baulking because it is not the latest build?

Try downloading the latest with the media creation tool.

With Microsoft that always can be an option, however, these updates are cumulative and should install everything needed in between as well, isn't that not so??

Vote:

ljdarby

Reaction score
I appreciate input on this problem. One suggestion I took involved downloading a *.msu file from the Microsoft catalog. In trying to execute that file, a message box appears telling me it is not for my version/build of Win11. Therefore, I am now trying the media creation tool route for attaining the latest build. We will see how that works.

Vote:

Ask a Question