Loses wifi after update

Quincofish

Reaction score
I have an Ethernet connection and a WiFi connection which automatically connects every time I boot, after any updates when the pc is rebooted I have to reconnect the WiFi connection until the next update.

Honedew

Reaction score
As far as I am aware you cannot have both active at the same time. Ethernet will take over from WiFi. There is no point in having both and ethernet is much faster. If you turn ethernet off and wifi is on then wifi will take over.

Vote:

Quincofish

Reaction score
As far as I am aware you cannot have both active at the same time. Ethernet will take over from WiFi. There is no point in having both and ethernet is much faster. If you turn ethernet off and wifi is on then wifi will take over.
The WiFi connection is not for internet, it is a connection to my solar system monitor.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I have an Ethernet connection and a WiFi connection which automatically connects every time I boot, after any updates when the pc is rebooted I have to reconnect the WiFi connection until the next update.
Ethernet & WiFi cannot work simultaneously .. maybe you can try to "SAVE" the connection or revert back and uninstall the recent updates which conflicts your devices .. else you could try the W11 Enterprise edition (not Home or Pro)

Vote:

Quincofish

Reaction score
They can and do. Ethernet - internet, Wifi - local solar system monitor. Always reconnects after shutdown, reboot etc. Only after ANY windows update, after reboot, wifi has to be manually reconnected until the next update. Still looking for a fix.

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
Have you been inside your router to verify ?
You need to type the URL of the router into your browser to do so and then follow the instructions.
The address is often "192.168.1.1", but may be different in your country. If you didn't change the password, it should be "admin". Same for the "identifier", alos "admin".

Otherwise you could also try this, it often avoids lenghty searches: https://www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/complete-internet-repair/
(Make a backup before. It has good critics, f.i. on Deskmodder and others. I used it several times and there was no problem to tick everything, before running the software, despite the warning; but I naturally cannot guarantee).

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question