Mic

BlkLts

Reaction score
Heyo, updated to windows 11 today, thought i'd give it around a month after release to minimize issues with it.
It's okay, everything works fine, the whole CPU issue kinda scared me and well, I think it's okay. I have games running and when I open task manager it comes up with 100% CPU usage but give it a minute to load and it's between 25-35% (with my most used apps open)
My issue, I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 , intel core i7, and my keyboard has a function key for the microphone to enable and disable it. This is probably my most used function key. I tried enabling my mic and I realised the key wasn't working. At first I thought that I broke the key however I go to settings, Lenovo Vantage and even rl tec audio and my mic is undetected. Up until the update, my microphone worked perfectly fine, and now it's like it doesn't even exist. Is this just me? Is there a way to fix this?

Edwrd10

Reaction score
Heyo, updated to windows 11 today, thought i'd give it around a month after release to minimize issues with it.
It's okay, everything works fine, the whole CPU issue kinda scared me and well, I think it's okay. I have games running and when I open task manager it comes up with 100% CPU usage but give it a minute to load and it's between 25-35% (with my most used apps open)
My issue, I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 , intel core i7, and my keyboard has a function key for the microphone to enable and disable it. This is probably my most used function key. I tried enabling my mic and I realised the key wasn't working. At first I thought that I broke the key however I go to settings, Lenovo Vantage and even rl tec audio and my mic is undetected. Up until the update, my microphone worked perfectly fine, and now it's like it doesn't even exist. Is this just me? Is there a way to fix this?
Go to your PC manufacturer or Motherboard manufacturer and download and install all drivers again then run windows update so the drivers can be updated. restart and check if your Mic is now working. When Win 11 installs it only installs basic windows drivers. you have to re-install all Motherboard software and drivers. My fingerprint reader was not present after Win 11 install. I re-installed MoBo software and fingerprint showed up with a few other devices that did not have their drivers installed. When you install your Motherboard make sure you install audio drivers and any Audio software that is offered. I just went down the list and installed all MoBo software over again. I have a Dell Tab and The So called Dell Driver Assistant said no updates necessary. But, when I went down the list and Installed each one by one my devices started to show up in device manager.

Vote:

BlkLts

Reaction score
Go to your PC manufacturer or Motherboard manufacturer and download and install all drivers again then run windows update so the drivers can be updated. restart and check if your Mic is now working. When Win 11 installs it only installs basic windows drivers. you have to re-install all Motherboard software and drivers. My fingerprint reader was not present after Win 11 install. I re-installed MoBo software and fingerprint showed up with a few other devices that did not have their drivers installed. When you install your Motherboard make sure you install audio drivers and any Audio software that is offered. I just went down the list and installed all MoBo software over again. I have a Dell Tab and The So called Dell Driver Assistant said no updates necessary. But, when I went down the list and Installed each one by one my devices started to show up in device manager.
Thank you, it didn't quite work for me but I ended up going straight to Lenovo support and had someone control my screen, she sorted it out for me.

Vote:

Ask a Question