Microsoft Account & One Drive Question

traffic_guy

Reaction score
I have a small basic laptop that has like 18 gig free on the hard drive I use as a backup to my desktop that died.It’s a great cheap Asus that serves its purpose well. My question is that when I get my new desktop in a few days, should I create a separate Microsoft account for the new desktop, or use that same for both PCs? My concern is if I store a lot on the desktop, will it sync to the smaller laptop and transfer all the data to it? Basically, I am not clear how this would work.

alan sh

Reaction score
You can set OneDrive so it only downloads files when they are used.

Sir_George

Reaction score
I have a small basic laptop that has like 18 gig free on the hard drive I use as a backup to my desktop that died.It’s a great cheap Asus that serves its purpose well. My question is that when I get my new desktop in a few days, should I create a separate Microsoft account for the new desktop, or use that same for both PCs? My concern is if I store a lot on the desktop, will it sync to the smaller laptop and transfer all the data to it? Basically, I am not clear how this would work.
You can use the same account and that would be my suggestion. You can also set the files and folders to be synced. See the link below for more details.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
setup the OneDrive account for sync and copy everything on desktop to OneDrive folder, commonly things on desktop will not be sync to OneDrive account unless you change the default path ..

traffic_guy

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Lucky for me I tested one drive on the cheap Laptop. What a backwards program One Drive is. Trying to shut it down however it took over my Picture Folder and I'm catching the devil trying to get it back. I posted on the technical section. As for my new desktop, I signed in as a local account.

Lokman

Reaction score
Windows connect automatic but I can't access all everything what I will do

Ask a Question