Mouse key not working like usual

elliejl19

Reaction score
I've had this laptop (windows 11) for about a month and have had no problems up until now. The mouse key is not letting me click on anything, instead I have to tap the pad. It wont let me scroll using the mouse pad like I usually would, but instead I have to use the side bar. This would be fine but every time I move the mouse it randomly selects things surrounding it. For example, if I were to move the mouse up, it will select the text, website links, or basically anything that the mouse is moving over which stops me from what I'm needing to do. It's like the key pad is constantly being held down, like you would if you were copying a bit of text, and is ready to drag or select anything that it comes across. When I've got multiple tabs open in the internet browser the tabs get pulled into their own separate browser without me doing anything but moving the mouse. I've tried resetting the laptop but I'm still having the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't want to take it and have to pay to get it fixed as I've not had it long so think its unnecessary for this to happen. Thanks.

Ask a Question