MS Word Office 365 NOT WORKING on WINDOWS 11 upgrade

office365user

Reaction score
I upgraded my windows 10 to windows 11 yesterday and installed all windows update. I want to work on some MS Word document file but MSWord fails to open the file. Can anyone help resolve this? I badly need to submit my report. Thank you so much

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
MSWord fails to open the file
Are you getting any type of error?
Are you opening Word first and then attempting to open the file from within the application
OR
Are you simply double click a word document?

I was reading about something similar, very recently with respect to Office 365 (Microsoft 365) and Windows 11
AND
I believe that the solution was simply re-installing 365, although you want to try one or both of the repair options from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features ->Microsoft 365 -> "Change"

OldCurt

Reaction score
I just installed 11 yesterday and I am running Pro but I am also running 365 and have a large number of word files. I just tried mine and it pulled a file up that had graphics imbeded as well with no problem at all. I just clicked on the file in the list and pop up it came. I would try more than one file to make sure thhe one you are working on isn't corrupted. If you are running home that may be an issure but lke was said you get the same bad results with other files then reinstall 365.

Ask a Question