No Input (MIC) volume bar on Volume Mixer upon device connection

enjikari

Reaction score
Hello all, and a preemptive thank for to anyone who takes the time to offer up help/guidance. My issue is: whenever I plug in a MIC device (any Input to the Audio In on the back of my PC, any USB mic, any camera that has a mic, etc) no volume slider bar appears on the Volume Mixer window. I have one for Sound Systems, one for my internet browser, one for my media player program - any other thing that has audio that I open/use will generate its own volume adjuster bar, and it will disappear if I close said app/program. In the past I have seen a bar for mic inputs. I used it for years. I THINK I may have seen it after I installed Win11, but I may be mistaken. I miss having this bar. I CAN adjust volume by going to the sound window, clicking the Recording tab, right-clicking the mic input, Properties, Levels tab but that poses two issues: one, that's very cumbersome to do every time I want to adjust that volume and two: the volume is rather low at 50% but once I adjust it to around the 90% mark the sound sounds like it's blowing out speakers (distorted).
I've tried all steps of the SFC scan and the like, no fix. I've ran the Microphone troubleshooter, no fix. Uninstalled-Reinstalled drivers for selected Mic inputs, no fix. Restarted PC, no fix. Tried moving the (mic) input from the back of the PC to the front - still no volume bar.
Please help!!

Ask a Question