Preview Build 22458

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Oh Well....
Looks like they've finally decided that my Dev Channel VM on Hyper-V will no longer hack-it for this build of Windows 11.
Frankly I'm surprised it got as far as it did.

Capture.PNG

I see that they've add a new bullet point today that speaks to this
  • [ADDED 9/16] This build includes a change that aligns the enforcement of the Windows 11 system requirements on Virtual Machines (VMs) to be the same as it is for physical PCs. Previously created VMs running Insider Preview builds may not update to the latest preview builds. In Hyper-V, VMs need to be created as a Generation 2 VM. For more details on the Windows 11 system requirements – see this blog post here.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...ncing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22458/

I know there are multiple work-arounds published on the web, but....
I don't think I'll bother.

I HAVE TO WONDER...
Do they realized how this is likely to impact the number of participants in the Insider Program?
I could be wrong but I believe that most of us use machines that are a bit older / semi-retired as platforms for testing Insider Previews.

davehc

Reaction score
It certainly puts me out, No chance od a newer computer, so , back to boring Windows 10. ( I have no liking for Linux, so that is not an alternative)

Ask a Question