Problem with Firefox Beta version 114.0

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Firefox offered me a Beta test version of their browser. Being an old time Beta tester, I said "Yes" and installed the Beta version.

I did a check for updates a few days later, and I got the visual that it was downloading an update, but the amount downloaded stayed at "0" (Zero bytes). And the "Downloading" never stopped.
Since I have Firefox Synced to another computer, I finally decided to just UN-Install the Beta ver. of Firefox.

With that Beta ver. of Firefox running, I could not download any other version of Firefox.

I went to my Main PC and downloaded the latest ver. of Firefox (ver. 113.2) and put it on a Flash Drive.
Then I walked that back to this PC and installed it. Then a re-Sync got all my bookmarks, etc. back again.

So after several hours of fussing, un-installing and re-installing, I finally have my normal version of Firefox back again.

Shadow :cool:

Bighorn

Reaction score
Saw that you had posted something new from another thread and found this. I have used Firefox for several years without major problems but I've had problems with some forums that say a new version of Firefox has been released that failed to mention Test or Beta so as a consequence I stay away from those posts. To me Released has always been associated with RTM/ Released To Market/Manufacturing.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I "liked" FF the days before but not now, it's now similar to Chrome at the stage of memory hogging .. we need fast browserwith less TSR :)

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I was using Firefox, years ago, whilst it was still in it's infancy, (Beta Test Versions only).
When they finally announced that they were going full on Version 1.0 (no more beta tests) I was right there with one million other users to download the new Full Version.

That was version 1.0. Now I'm running version 113.2 and quite happy with it.
Now, that ver. 114.0beta was something from outer space!!! It would not download any updates and it somehow blocked me from downloading any other version. Arggg! :mad:

I had to download ver. 113.2 on my other PC, copy it to a flash drive and walk it over here.
The I used Revo Uninstaller to totally remove that Beta version. Then I did a registry clean up with Windows Utilities to get rid of any residuals.
Finally, I was able to do an install with Ver. 113.2, then Sync my saved stuff from my Main PC, and all was well with the world again.
Their instructions on just how to use "Sync" left a lot to be desired, but I finally fingered it out, and now I find it very useful.
But, every time I use it, I have to stop and remember, "now, how did I do that?". It's not intuitive at all.

But with all it's little quirks, Firefox is still miles ahead of the old I.E of yesteryear.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Any change in the last couple of weeks? I'm using Version 114.0.1 64-bit Released without problems.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I just checked....I'm up to 115.0 (64 bit) right now on 7-7-23. It's working just beautiful.
No more Betas for this kid.

I posted this somewhere, but I can't find it. When I click on a link to a web site, in an email, I get an error from Firefox, telling me it can't find the server, and offering me a big blue "RETRY" button, which always works. What gives?
That is just something recent.

Bighorn

Reaction score
I just got version 115.0.1 on one of my machines, haven't checked the others yet.

RogerOver

Reaction score
I had two small problems with 115.0.
Firefox took a long time to open when opening the first site.
And I saw suddenly publicities. The problem with the publicities got resolved through 115.1 (seems there was a problem with dll injections).
But now I still have the long time to open problem. I tried this, but no luck.
Finally I removed my add-ons. I think it's U-block origin. Hope there will be an update !

cosmic52

Reaction score
I have noticed that the new firefox 115.01 in private mode, is letting social media cookies through in a way, but not in another.
Although it's very very small, it lets google, facebook and twitter set some sort of cookie 88k to 245k, but looking more closely there is no cookie set. So is it just mimicking a false cookie?.

Ask a Question