Processor Compatibility

TerryGe55

Reaction score
I have a 3 year old HP Spectre X360 with an Intel i7 7500U 2.7GHz processor and 8GB of system memory. When I do the health check for Windows 11 compatibility, it indicates this processor isn't compatible. Can this be accurate?

Ben Myers

Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes. Only a handful of seventh generation Intel processors are considered compatible.

Microsoft has outlined a procedure to bypass the processor check during Windows 11 setup, as long as the user is willing to take the risk.

Ben

Vote:

TechnoNerd

Reaction score
It's accurate in Microsoft World. In addition to all the other requirements for Win 11, only Intel 8th generation and above are acceptable.
Yours is a 7th generation processor.

Vote:

rfsmith7

Reaction score
Core Isolation (virtualization) is one of the security features MS want to turn on by default in W11. With Intel 8th generation and above support for this is on the chip, but with earlier processors it's provided by firmware emulation where turning the feature on can cause a performance hit. Try turning it on in W10 first and see if it affects your PC's perfomance. You can then decide whether to bypass the CPU requirement and install anyway.

Vote:

jimbentley

Reaction score
Is anyone else outraged about this decision? These are fairly new and very expensive machines and I keep reading they can easily run Win 11. So the only choices are roll the dice and maybe blow up the PC with no recourse, spend a couple of thousand again and hope any new dictates will obsolete it too, or let it run an increasingly outdated and probably poorly supported OS to squeeze a few more years out of the investment This is the tail not just wagging the dog, but cutting it off.

Vote:

ron

Reaction score
Ryzen5 2400g works 100 percent in windows11, they need to change the way the tool work, because it wrong, with their tool everything checks out 100 percent, but there still a red X lol ,,

Vote:

Ask a Question