Program that reportedly runs without problem on Windows 11 clean install has problems on upgrade

Schabelf

Reaction score
I know the answer that everyone will give, do a clean install of Windows 11. That is a great answer for some one with a limited amount of data and just a few programs on their machine to copy and reinstall. Let's just say that that is not my situation and the thought of the work involved is intimidating. I have installed Windows 11 several times on my machine and have always reverted back to Windows 10 mainly because of problems with a specific program which I use frequently which works in Windows 10 and will not work properly on my upgraded Windows 11. The program is Replay Video Capture 10 from Applian LLC. When I try to use it in Windows 11, 2 windows services run wild and use 100% of the CPU and the computer has to be rebooted. The services are “state repository Service” and “capability access manager service”. The help desk people at Applian LLC blame the problem on the fact that this is an upgraded OS from windows 7. I don't believe this machine ever had Windows 7 but I cannot remember what the earliest OS this system had installed. I don't know enough to agree or disagree with that opinion. In any case I keep searching for someone who can suggest any solution short of a clean install.

Ask a Question