Reverting of windows background to previous picture

Ratman

Reaction score
I've had a problem of my laptop background reverting to a previous picture. No forums have provided a solution. I've found a work round that stops the frustration of this problem. I'm not a techy, so this may seem a little crude!! I copy the picture (photo) I want for my wallpaper, and put both the original and copy into a folder. I then go to the personalise background, select slideshow and select the folder I have just filled with my two copies of the picture I want for the background. So far, the picture I want hasn't changed!! Not a perfect solution, but at least I have the wallpaper I want..............

RogerOver

Reaction score
No forums have provided a solution
Explorer Patcher can do that (download ep_setup.exe). A very interesting freeware !
When installed rightclick somewhere on a free space on your taskbar, and choose "Properties" (new rightclick entry installed by Explorer Patcher). Be sure, that when you click on the menu (left) = Taskbar in the windows which opens, that you leave the option at Windows 11 (default). Then go down on the menu (left) and chose "Spotlight". There is an entry which says "Go to the next picture" (or something like this, my PC is in French). You can cycle through 5 pictures, (which stay there as long as Microsoft doesn't change the whole set).
(But also try the many other features)

davehc

Reaction score
Possibly, if you put your pictures in the defualt wallpaper folder (C:\Windows\Web) it might work a little better for you

Ratman

Reaction score
DANG! Guess what? Yep, reverted to that old photo. Ahh well.............. Back to my crude solution!!

Ask a Question