Service run issue

wizzard

Reaction score
I am currently using Windows 11 and Epson V800 Photo scanner.
The scanner works perfectly under Windows 10.
I seem to loose the use of the scanner after the Windows restart. It seems to "loose" the Epson driver. If I go into Windows services and Stop / start the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), the driver reappears. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver a few times as well. From the Epsom website, I have tried the latest driver as well.

Epson support suggests this is a windows 11 upgrade issue. Is there a way to "repair" or "reinstall" this service issue?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to suggest to fix this, however as a workaround you could try going to the service properties panel and in the "recovery" tab, set the service to "restart this service" if it fails. Worth a try for the time being.

tpl

Reaction score
Does the driver for this scanner have that stupid 'allow windows to turn off this device to save power' thing? That caused so many annoyances in the early days of W10

wizzard

Reaction score
Does the driver for this scanner have that stupid 'allow windows to turn off this device to save power' thing? That caused so many annoyances in the early days of W10

No. It does not.

wizzard

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to suggest to fix this, however as a workaround you could try going to the service properties panel and in the "recovery" tab, set the service to "restart this service" if it fails. Worth a try for the time being.

Tried this already. Does not help! Epson thinking is that Windows 11 upgrade did not work properly. I do not mind trying a repair (if there is one) - do not really want to reinstall Win 11.

Charles

Reaction score
Try Vuescan they have reworked the drivers for Windows 10/11.
They have a trail version which you can try but with water marks.
I have just put my 20+ years 5400 on windows 11.

davehc

Reaction score
The op might have sorted it! Thread about 6 months old.:confused:

Ask a Question