Should I Upgrade to Windows 11?

Heathsideboy

Reaction score
In my 'Settings' folder under 'Update & Security' I am being told the following message:

'This PC can run Windows 11. Great news – your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we can get it ready for you.'

Note: Some Windows 10 features aren't available in Windows 11. Certain apps and features may have additional requirements. Then there is an active link to 'Check device specification.'

Now I know I need to read through this and perhaps steer clear of Windows 11 at present.

I'll probably need to make a copy of my Windows 10 before I take the plunge. Is this correct?

I also still use Internet Explorer 11 so that I can use my CCTV system as it won't work in Microsoft Edge. In the 'More Settings' (3 horizontal dots at the top right of a Microsoft Edge browser) there is a setting in Microsoft Edge to 'Reload in Internet Explorer mode.' This is just one thing I would still need to be there in Windows 11.

So should I steer clear of Windows 11 for the time being?

Any advice on this would be truly appreciated. Thanks.

HB

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd recommend that anyone that needs to still use outdated software and/or hardware (regardless of reason) NOT upgrade to Win11. I personally dump whatever is holding me back and find alternatives. But I understand not everyone is inclined to do so.

Vote:

Pocah

Reaction score
The general feeling at the moment is "why?" and for most people the answer is "only if you need some of the new features".
Eventually you will probably have to but for the moment it's probably better to wait a few months until it matures.

Vote:

Ask a Question