Skype will not start

Odessite

Reaction score
Just joined, previous member of the 8 through 10 forums!

This morning, upon starting up my PC, the enclosed message appeared because we have Skype in Startup. I closed the message and tried to open Skype manually but there was no response at all.
I therefore uninstalled Skype, restarted the PC, visited the store and installed a fresh Skype. That wouldn't start either but it did cause the same windows error to appear.
Any clues, please as my wife is Ukrainian and uses Skype to speak to children and grandchildren in Ukraine at this difficult time.

Skype cap.jpg

Sir_George

Reaction score
Just joined, previous member of the 8 through 10 forums!

This morning, upon starting up my PC, the enclosed message appeared because we have Skype in Startup. I closed the message and tried to open Skype manually but there was no response at all.
I therefore uninstalled Skype, restarted the PC, visited the store and installed a fresh Skype. That wouldn't start either but it did cause the same windows error to appear.
Any clues, please as my wife is Ukrainian and uses Skype to speak to children and grandchildren in Ukraine at this difficult time.

View attachment 983
Try the website listed below for a possible solution.

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
Thank you. Relief all round!! Appreciated.
Thanks for the follow up. I know how important Skype can be when trying to stay in touch with family in other countries. I hope your wife's family is staying safe and things go well in the coming days.

Vote:

Ask a Question