Taskbar Icons

KenyaJuu

Reaction score
Hello All

Just updated to Windows 11 (really forced to) only to discover that a simple task such as changing the size of taskbar icons is impossible. I do not like bloody great icons staring at me. Is it possible to change the icons to small?
Terence, London

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Hello All

Just updated to Windows 11 (really forced to) only to discover that a simple task such as changing the size of taskbar icons is impossible. I do not like bloody great icons staring at me. Is it possible to change the icons to small?
Terence, London

Would these help you? .. its a BATCH script file which makes the taskbar icons to SMALL, MEDIUM or LARGE, upto your desired size :)

Attachments

• Icon Size Change - Batch Files.zip
    886 bytes · Views: 5

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
I dont know if this will be enough?:
right click the taskbar and select "Taskbar settings"

Click the fourth item down "on"

Vote:

KenyaJuu

Reaction score
Hello Dave
Thank you so much for your help. It works brilliantly. May I ask why a ountfit that actually runs the world does not have the gumption, willingness, ability and downright customer concern, has not rectified this problem?

I did not want Windows 11, unfortunately the latest Windows 10 update presents you with a white search box that is so wide it takes up half the monitor.

Are you aware of a fix for this glaring piece of code? I have two other PCs which are still running Win !0 and would like to fix this problem. And David, why is such a small matter such as icon size such a big deal? If you would like a screenshot of the huge white taskbar, please let me know.

Thank you so much for your help and have a safe Merry Christmas.
Terence, London

Vote:

KenyaJuu

Reaction score
Hello David
I have deleted Windows 11 and reverted back to Win10. If a company that runs the world cannot solve taskbar problems, where are we. Your advice on the taskbar problems did work but has caused a number of other taskbar problems.
I have now disabled all updates, but am constantly bombarded with Win11 updates. How do I get peace of mind and stop all updates of any kind?
If I do not hear from you until after Christmas, have a safe and Windows free Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Terence, London.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Not sure about others, whether it's considered user, operating system or other issues .. currently I am very satisfied with W11Pro (with latest updates) as my daily usage, however it took me about 3 to 4 days to fully tweak and bring the operating system as I wished for daily ease of use. I have never used W10, since I migrated from W7 to W11 directly because I know the weakness of W10 (some of my friends are using W10).

Simple priority only icons, no bloatwares, medium taskbar with full length clock / date just basic 1366 x 768 resolution to navigate around.
cheers all and Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to everyone in here :)

1671545495921.png

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
:unsure:Hello David
I have deleted Windows 11 and reverted back to Win10. If a company that runs the world cannot solve taskbar problems, where are we. Your advice on the taskbar problems did work but has caused a number of other taskbar problems.
I have now disabled all updates, but am constantly bombarded with Win11 updates. How do I get peace of mind and stop all updates of any kind?
If I do not hear from you until after Christmas, have a safe and Windows free Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Terence, London.
Sorry to here that. I confess that I have quite a liking for windows11.
I cannot help you with the update problem - new one for me!
Compliments of the season to you, also.
By the way, is that just a random name or do you have some connection with Kenya. I ask, as I had some very happy years in Nairobi. Made quite a few lasting friends there.

Vote:

Herve

Reaction score
Hello All

Terence, London
You should take a look at Explorer Patcher. It has a number of hacks for the taskbar as well as giving you a Windows 10 taskbar.

Vote:

Ask a Question